Sunday 6 May 2012

Brians winter By Gary Paulsen

Brian is stuck in the Canadian bush and has survived through the the whole summer. During this time Brian learns a lot about nature and the animals in it. He now knows the number one rule of the food chain. For one to survive one must die.Now it is getting colder. Brian is faced with his biggest challenge yet. The winter. The time were it snows and living is much harder. Most animals are hibernating meaning harder to catch meat. Through out these pages Brian learns the way of winter, the hard way. This book is the second book in the Brian series by Gary Paulsen. Brian learns to use the winter as an advantage in some ways such as using the ice to freeze later meals. Can Brian survive the winter? He will have to use his knowledge and determination to survive.

I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed this book so much I almost read it all in one go. I like the descriptions that make the book pop out to life. It feels very real. The book also tort me a lot that I did not know about. It was like a very entertaining survival guide as I learnt how to shoot and make a shelter and fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment